Saturday, February 23, 2008

A light-hearted day

Sometimes the days become too serious or maybe we take them too seriously either way when an opportunity for some fun comes around you gotta take advantage of it. Due to the weather my buddy Matt had his flight to Texas pushed back to 6 pm and I had a photo assignment canceled so we went to Central Park...
Some cool kids let us borrow a couple of their sleds, but at first we didn't have any.
Matt, a lawyer, is the first person I met who as a little kid wanted to be a mushroom picker.

The line up Matt (left) me (center left) Sheamus (center right) younger Matt (right)... The smack talking started right away. Sheamus aka "Fire" has perfected the art of trash talking and the younger Matt earned the nicknamed "The Champ" because he never looses a race... I learned that the hard way!
Matt and I started strong and in the lead!
Matt sped ahead and I fell apart!
I was a mess out there and Sheamus flew by in his tube. Matt and I lost every race to Sheamus and the younger Matt, but GOOD TIMES it was!



The younger Matt and Sheamus are a couple of really cool dudes who raced like champions and showed great sportsmanship. Their wonderful mothers even gave us hot chocolate... too sweet to us! Gotta give credit to where credit is due... the photos that feature both Matt and me were taken by Sheamus' mom... she did an awesome job!

No comments: