Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Regardless of the score you stay till the end...



The Mets last game at Shea Stadium...

It was another frustrating Mets season with the usual ending. The Mets were kept from making the playoffs after loosing the last game of the regular season... It wasn't easy to smile for this picture, but I spent the last game at Shea with my pops and it was amazing to be there with him... He made me a fan when I was a little little dude and at that time I thought there was nothing bigger and greater than Shea Stadium... The skyscrapers and all that Manhattan had to offer failed in comparison to Shea Stadium and the Mets! Despite all the disappoints and having seen far many more losses than wins at Shea it is those good memories and childhood excitement of being at Shea and seeing the Mets that triumph all the disappoints. I owe those memories mostly to my father, but also to my buddies Dan and Christian! 


No comments: